Clients can improve their overall skills, advance fitness levels, and relax during indoor rock climbing intro classes or memberships
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- Age restrictions: Recommended ages 5+ for Top-Rope and 13+ for Bouldering; younger than 16 must be accompanied by a guardian in the facility at all times
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Hangar 18 requires an introductory course for all climbing disciplines which teaches techniques and safety and is designed for first-time climbers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I'm afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
About Hangar 18
With more than 55,000 square feet of climbing surfaces, Hangar 18 offers ample terrain for climbers of all skill levels. From first-timers just learning to belay to seasoned climbers seeking a vertical challenge, athletes of all stripes can find suitable terrain and helpful assistance from experienced staff members. At the various Hangar 18 outposts, climbers can find top ropes and lead routes circling freestanding boulders, challenging crack climbs, and 40-foot roof climbs. And, after traversing 70-foot routes through lead caves and descending towering boulders, climbers can decompress in a yoga class.