Golf enthusiasts are invited to practice swing at a championship 18-hole course in a recreational friendly gathering
About This Deal
Built in 1928, the course was named Best Nine-Hole Course by Iowa Golf Association and features rustic bridges, rolling terrain, and mature arbors.
- Includes cart rental
- Tee time required
- The season starts April 1st, weather permitting
- The promotional value is only valid for gameplay, promotional value is not valid towards the pro shop
About Kalona Golf Club
In 1928, a committee of Kalona professionals pooled their resources to transform an obsolete cornfield and pasture into a golf course, using a horse-drawn mower to sculpt a layout that originally sported sand greens and cost a quarter to play. More than 50 years later, the course was remodeled and expanded to Kalona Golf Club's current nine-hole layout, a 3,128-yard labyrinth where immaculate, bent-grass greens showcase the efficiency of modern landscaping, whereas rustic bridges and wandering milkmen recall the Club's humble beginnings. The course prohibits metal spikes, and players must provide their own set of clubs or titanium-plated sausage links.
Course at a Glance:
- Nine-hole, par 36 course
- Bent-grass greens, winter rye, and bluegrass fairways
- Length of 3,128 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 34.7 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options