The lost city of Atlantis is rumored to be located somewhere in the ocean depths, since it can't be found on any map or between the couch cushions. Prepare to search for the mysterious realm with today's Groupon, which gets you your choice of scuba experiences from Narcosis Scuba in Tarpon Springs:
- For $149, you get to take an open water diving scuba certification course (up to a $389.95 value)
- For $20, you get a Discover scuba lesson ($99.95 value)
- For $249, you get a private deep-sea fishing trip for six ($600 value)
Narcosis Scuba prepares divers of all skill levels for open sea exploration by giving them the education and equipment they need to safely explore the ocean's criminal underworld. An open water certification course outfits submerged swimmers with a designation from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors, the world's top training organization for scuba diving. Depending on whether you choose an evening, daytime, or weekend class, the curriculum spans one to two weeks and consists of two to four classroom sessions, two dives in an enclosed pool, and a weekend on the open water. Narcosis provides the heavy-duty equipment for each class, so students can leave their harpoon guns at home. However, students must supply their own mask, snorkel, fins, booties, gloves, and weight belt—all of which can be rented from Narcosis for an extra charge. Once they've completed the course, aquatic adventurers can freely probe the briny deep on their own and play the fishbone xylophone during its many undersea musical numbers.
Experienced sea plumbers who are unwilling to commit to a two-week engagement may instead elect to try the Discover SCUBA course, which consists of one dry-land class followed by a dive session in full scuba gear. Fish hunters, meanwhile, can gather up to six friends and charter Narcosis's 32-foot vessel for a private half-day deep-sea fishing expedition to curtail grouper, snapper, and cobia populations, as well as brave the Kraken's unwanted but well-intended hug.
- Narcosis Scuba was an excellent choice! They helped me get certified and overcome any fears that I had about diving. From the store staff to the instructors I had an incredible experience. – B. Izzi, Yahoo! Local
- Good people. Great times. Wonderful dive center. A day on the Narcosis Boat is always a great trip… – barracudascuuba28, Yahoo! Local