Life is full of hard choices; avoid making one of them with today’s Groupon, which gets you admission to both the Music Valley Wax Museum and Cars and Stars Museum for $7 (a $15 combined value). Conveniently separated by a parking lot, these star-filled museums are engaged in an epic staring contest and occasional after-hours volley of Roman candles. Find out which waxen crooner or gritty grill will blink or giggle first as you trek across feet of concrete on a quest for commemorative kitsch.
Commune with Nashville's music legends at the Music Valley Wax Museum. Wax figures may strike you as uncanny, though their inability to move makes them less dangerous than rogue Bunraku puppets. Turn your distrust of wax figures to joy by confronting them with the knowledge that they can't wave hello or place a waxy hand on your shoulder until the sun goes down. Lend gravitas to your bio photo with an arm around Johnny Cash, or tip your cowboy hat to Hank Williams in a photo op that will delight recipients of your holiday cards and finally convince your grandmother that you listen to more than "that awful rap-hop music."
Sit in something nostalgic at the Cars and Stars Museum, where you can see a replica of James Dean's cursed 1956 Porsche Spyder, which is, happily, not itself cursed because replicas are immune to curses. Check out an authentic 1964 Cadillac Coupe Deville owned by bluegrass master Ralph Stanley, or take a seat next to Elvis in his favorite coaster, the Zippin Pippin.
The friendly staff at each museum know all about each bolo tie and vintage engine, and will lead you on a guided tour (subject to availability). Grab your country fans and silly sisters and have fun making your Facebook album the envy of all.
- My mom came to visit me in Nashville and being a country music fan I brought her here. It was surpisingly [sic] good, funny,interesting,colorful and definately [sic] worth the time. – L.C., Yahoo! Travel
- It was hillarious! [sic] ...I would go back in a heartbeat! – A Yahoo! Contributor, Yahoo! Travel
- Interesting set of antique cars, mopeds and motorcycles...If he can't give you a guided tour, the TVs around the museum will play his videos of the museum. – Rachel B., Yelp
A Museum to See ‘em
Music Valley is a treat, and Cars and Stars can’t be beat. When it comes to museums with names that rhyme, Cars and Stars is the best of all time. Here are a few that try and fail, don’t pass go, go straight to jail:
- Museum of Bears Falling Down Stairs
- All The Zoo Poo We Could Accrue!
- Mummies and Tummies: The Archaeology Cafe
- Hall of Paul (by appointment only)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
2515 Mc Gavock Pike
Nashville, Tennessee 37214Get Directions