Hockey combines the speed of basketball, the hard hits of football, and the glistening blades of competitive shaving. Study frozen fusion with this Groupon.
Choose from 10 Options
$99 for a Learn to Skate program for children ages 3 and older (a $199 value), choose from the following times:
- Mondays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Jan. 6, 2014-March 10, 2014
- Mondays from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Jan. 6, 2014-March 10, 2014
- Tuesdays from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.; Jan. 7, 2014-March 11, 2014
- Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Jan. 8, 2014-March 12, 2014
- Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.; Jan. 8, 2014-March 12, 2014
- Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Jan. 9, 2014-March 13, 2014
- Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.; Jan. 9, 2014-March 13, 2014
- Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; Jan. 10, 2014-March 14, 2014
- Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.; Jan. 4, 2014-March 8, 2014
- Saturdays from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.; Jan. 4, 2014-March 8, 2014
During the hockey-training centre’s fall program, youngsters pick up basic skating skills and techniques through fun games and drills taught by instructor Rob Thompson. Kids learn fundamental skills that can be applied to hockey, figure skating, or just recreational skating.
National Hockey Training Centre
The staff at National Hockey Training Centre takes the official national winter sport seriously. Not only do they lead group programs throughout the year for both children and adults, but they also offer one-on-one ice training. During these 30-minute sessions, coaches help individuals meet specific goals, such as competing on a regional team or mastering the backwards skate in order to gracefully exit an escalating argument with a Zamboni driver.