All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Gridiron football originated on a football-sized computer grid in the ’50s, when players attempted to tackle a 12-ton iron supercomputer named Vince LomBandwidth before it vibrated into the end zone. Watch football without the binary touchdown with today’s Groupon: for $10, you get one general-admission ticket to a San Jose State Spartans football game at Spartan Stadium (a $20 value). All games are at 5 p.m. See the Spartans play at one of the following games:
- UC Davis Aggies on October 2
- Fresno State Bulldogs on October 23
- Utah State Aggies on November 13
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs on November 27
Led by energetic new head coach Mike MacIntyre, this year’s Spartans plan to challenge their WAC foes at the top of the conference standings. Leading this year’s Spartans is senior quarterback Jordan Le Secla, who earlier this season threw two second-half touchdowns against the #11 Wisconsin Badgers on 20-for-26 passing overall. Other standouts include senior safety Duke Ihenacho, and wide receiver Chandler Jones, whose frog-like ball-catching tongue has yet to be ruled illegal by the NCAA.
With this deal, catch the Spartans as they battle in-state enemies UC Davis and fierce foes the Fresno State Bulldogs. Two other intriguing contests, against Utah State and Louisiana Tech, take place in November, when the team aims to make its first bowl game since 2006.
Sit up close to the game in the historical and intimate Spartan Stadium, built in 1933. With seats designed to put the spectator on top of the action, you’ll be able to see the dirt stuck in helmets and hear the players politely debate Nietzsche’s epistemological absolutes in the huddle.
- Some college programs have one or two players that play both ways. San Jose State has a total of five players that play on offense and on defense. Among the five players expected to play both ways are two of the most important offensive players, tailback/nickel back Brandon Rutley and tight end/defensive end Ryan Otten. ¬– William Deighton, Bleacher Report
- Dick Vermeil graduated from SJSU and was the backup QB during his time there. He went on to become a great NFL coach, winning Super Bowl XXXIV with the St. Louis Rams. Bill Walsh graduated from SJSU and played tight end and defensive end during his Spartan years. He popularized the "West Coast Offense" as an NFL head coach for the San Fransisco 49ers. Walsh won three Super Bowls with the 49ers (XVI, XIX, XXIII). – William Deighton, Bleacher Report
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for game date purchased. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About San Jose State Spartans
For the better part of a century, Spartan Stadium has been a cornerstone of San Jose State athletics and university life, hosting more than 300 home football games since 1933, as well as soccer games and concerts packed with more than 30,000 fans. Open during home football games, the Jeff Garcia Hall of Champions pays tribute to more than 300 former athletes and coaches, including pro football stars, golfers, and judo experts. Beyond the football team's keep, the other bastion of SJSU athletics, the Event Center, opened its doors in the late '80s to house men's and women's basketball contests as well as a weight room for students and a take-a-foam-finger, leave-a-foam-finger depository for fans. Spartan athletics maintains a high pedigree throughout their programs, including recent WAC championships for their men's and women's golf teams.