What You'll Get
After birthing a child, many mothers go to extremes to get back into shape, such as power-lifting diapers filled with rocks and running while pushing strollers filled with diapers filled with rocks. Safely shape post-baby bodies with today’s Groupon: for $50, you get one month of unlimited classes (normally $54, plus a $75 initiation fee) at Stroller Strides, a fitness program for mother of children up to three years old. Moms can work out at one of their choice of eight areas in and around Baltimore:
- Baltimore City: workouts held at Port Discovery Children's Museum, Maryland Science Center, and Du Burns Arena
- Bel Air: workouts held at St. Matthew's Church
- Howard County: workouts held at The Mall in Columbia
- Severn: workouts held at Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover
- Severna Park: workouts held at Annapolis Mall
- Montgomery County: workouts held at White Flint Mall and Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, City Place Mall in Silver Spring, and Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg
- Baltimore County: workouts held at White Marsh Mall, Towson Town Center, and Kenilworth Mall
- Frederick: workouts held at Francis Scott Key Mall and Baker Park
Getting in shape after giving birth can be difficult; taking care of the baby takes a lot of time and leaves bodies weary and sapped of energy. Stroller Strides understands these common struggles and has designed exercise regimens with new mothers in mind. All you need to get started is you, your baby or someone else's baby, and a stroller. Classes, which are taught by specially trained instructors, take place outdoors most of the year and consist of a warm-up, a buggy-bandying power walk, and interval stations where participants do a variety of body-toning exercises. Musically enhanced indoor classes are also available if you'd rather spare your body and baby from winter's clammy clutches. Instructors provide everyone with any additional equipment and, in the event of a fussy-baby episode, will show you exercises you can do with your baby.
In addition to providing a fun exercise regimen that takes babies into consideration, Stroller Strides is a venue for new mothers to interact, socialize, commiserate over shared difficulties, and take joy in each other's successes. Surrounded by friendly instructors, mom peers, and a teeming horde of adorable babies, a Stroller Strides class creates a positive, encouraging environment for sticking to a physical-fitness routine and re-obtaining a pre-baby physique.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 13, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for location(s) listed on Groupon. Must activate membership by 6/13/11, membership expires 1 month from activation. Reservation required, subject to availability. New clients only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.