What You'll Get
Obtain a physique you can flaunt in front of amazed strangers with today’s Groupon. For $20, you’ll get two one-hour classes at The Bar Method, an exercise superbreed combining the benefits of interval training, isometrics, dance principles, and physical therapy into one revolutionary routine. Redeem your Groupon at one of The Bar Method’s six locations: Hermosa Beach, Burbank, Agoura Hills, West LA, West Hollywood, and Pasadena. Since prices vary by location (sessions are priced at $20 and $22), the value of your Groupon depends on which studio you attend.
While Pilates is corrective, the Bar Method is transformative—much like those cars that transform into mech warriors. You’ll burn fat, sculpt muscles, refine your figure, and improve your strength and endurance. After a brief warm-up, you’ll tackle the upper body with weights and bar exercises. The workout continues with challenging lower-body positions and floor exercises designed to firm up your abs and glutes.
Get this Groupon to break out of a fitness rut or to tone your muscles without adding bulk.
- Burr Diehl…has been bottom feeding, so to speak. Her Bar Method workouts are so effective that the term “bar butt” is entering the local dialect… – Mary Tannen, New York Times Style
- By focusing on large muscle groups – thighs, glutes, and chest – the Bar Method helps raise metabolism more effectively than regimens that focus on smaller muscle groups. – Esquire
- All it takes is one look at Burr Leonard, the owner of this incredible exercise studio, to understand how the exercise class can transform one’s body. – Dr. Melina Jampolis, 944
Tips for Moms-To-Be
The Bar Method cannot be used by moms-to-be, but here are some other tips for future moms that may or may not pertain to exercise:
- To ensure your future-child will love America, watch lots of TV.
- You’ll have nearly two stomachs to feed, and you’re going need a lot of rest, so sleep inside a cooler filled with sandwiches.
- Help your baby grow up tough by changing your last name to Fartbot.
- Teach your embryo the value of punctuality by picking a date of birth and sticking to it no matter what.
- Do not name your baby while it is in utero. Instead, choose a name right after birth based on your baby’s attributes, such as Slimy, Cranky, or Meh.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 23, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New students only. 1 per person, multiple as gifts. Must call 1-7 days in advance to reserve a spot in class. Must be 14 years or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Bar Method
Although many of The Bar Method's exercises take place at the ballet bar, the program is only partially inspired by the long, lean musculature of ballet dancers. Created by Burr Leonard, the workouts also incorporate the brief, fat-burning bursts of activity known as interval training and the muscle-shaping techniques of isometrics. Combine all this with the science of physical therapy, and you get The Bar Method: an intense yet safely designed approach to exercise meant to cinch the silhouette, increase muscle definition, and boost energy all day long. Sessions introduce beginners to basics, such as maintaining good form and refraining from breaking out into Swan Lake choreography.