Up to 49% off membership to The Museum of Tolerance, a Simon Wiesenthal Center Museum. Choose from two options:
- For $22, you get an individual membership to the museum (a $45 value).
- For $32, you get a dual/family membership to the museum (a $65 value).
- The Museum of Tolerance is the educational arm of The Simon Wiesenthal Center, offering a variety of historical and contemporary exhibits concerning the Holocaust, bullying, human rights, diversity, bigotry, and immigration
- Through its rotating exhibits, the museum hopes to empower its visitors into action
- Membership includes one year of free admission to the MOT, advance notice of exhibitions and special events, 10% off at the MOT Museum Store, and a free DVD of the documentary I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal
- In addition, dual or family members receive an additional 10% off on Museum store merchandise
- Famous visitors of the museum include a number of U.S. Presidents, King Hussein of Jordan, the Dalai Lama, and various other dignitaries
Museum of Tolerance
In the late 1980s, the Simon Wiesenthal Center gathered top museum leaders and representatives to discuss new ways of teaching tolerance to a younger generation. Since 1993, the Museum of Tolerance has encouraged visitors to contemplate the effects of intolerance with interactive exhibits on the Holocaust as well as present-day discrimination. The guided, 70-minute sound-and-light presentation at the Holocaust exhibit recreates Nazi-occupied Europe, and the Finding Our Families, Finding Ourselves exhibit showcases diversity through the personal histories of several American celebrities, including Billy Crystal and Carlos Santana. Some of the museum's features also examine more recent issues, such as the Tolerancenter, which highlights the struggles of the civil-rights movement and enlightens museum goers on contemporary human-rights violations. The museum also hosts special exhibitions, live testimonies from Holocaust survivors, and youth programs, such as anti-bullying workshops.
9786 W Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90035Get Directions