In the warm and dark lagoon waters lies a natural phenomenon of glowing blue waters alive with activity. The swirling of your hand, every paddle stroke, and the rolling wake off of your kayak all sparkle throughout the darkness. Not only do fish leave trails, dolphins look like torpedoes, and manatees a slow and graceful submarine. Many guests compare the experience to Pandora of “Avatar.” Some even recall the bioluminescence scene in “Life of Pi” as the gentle plankton leave a trickling glow when you hold it in your hands and let it trickle down your arm. Though some may jokingly blame this on NASA runoff, it is actually the biological response of microscopic algae called a dinoflagellate. The perfectly natural and harmless concentration of organisms produces light before your very eyes, often existing in millions per liter of water. Your tour will include a ton of information about these rare and exotic creatures with the most experienced guides in the area
About This Deal
Bioluminescent Kayak Tours
Every movement in the water produces a sold-light called bioluminescence! From the swirl of your paddle or the trail of a speeding school of mullet (which look like hundreds of blue-green underwater bottle rockets), to the ghostly glow of a slow moving manatee or sting ray, every movement is illumined. No need to travel to Puerto Rico to see this phenomenon. It's right here in sunny Central Florida. You will be on the water for 90 minutes.
• A Day Away Kayak Tours, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Titusville, FL 32796
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
- Water Shoes – sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
- Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
- Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
- Bottled water, Snacks
- Any special personal paddling gear if you like
- You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the A Day Away Kayak Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings