From Po’ipu, winter paddle and snorkel, the same canoe paths of old taken by early Polynesians and whaling captains.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Poipu, Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii
Whale Watch & Snorkel by Sea Kayak
Check In: 8:30 a.m.
During the winter the gently rolling South coast becomes a favorite for sea kayakers. You'll paddle the same canoe paths of old taken by early Polynesians and whaling captains.
We will begin the day's journey on the Golden coast of Kaua'i at Po'ipu and paddle west along the rugged and scenic shoreline that is home to the Spouting Horn, the remote Lawai Valley, the unusual Nomilo Pond, and the cove of Wahi'awa.
Winter is the season for Humpback Whales and often the highlight of the voyage. After their long journey from Alaska each year, these gentle giants delight themselves in the warm Hawaiian waters for a season of birthing and frolicking.
Delight yourself likewise, as these whales breach before you , or more likely spot Spinning dolphins, Flying fish, and Green sea turtles. With luck we sometimes see the endangered Monk Seal in the water or a sunny beach. Bird watch for Boobies, Frigate , and Tropic birds from your cockpit.
Get wet and snorkel off one of Kauai's finest shores, where the sea and bird life compliments a day of splendid paddling. At day's end we will have you back to your hotel or back to our shop late afternoon.
4 person minimum opens a tour
—Check In Wailua River Marina: 8:30 a.m.
—Shuttle to Koloa Landing (Po'ipu)
—Tour staged in South shore area 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
—Lunch of Deli made Sandwiches, tropical juices and bottled water included
—Shuttle back to Wailua River Marina: 3:30 p.m.
*Times are variable, i.e., longer or shorter and subject to the vagaries of group and weather dynamics.
Rating & Physical Requirements:
A challenging adventure recommended for the more active couples a bit hardier families and others.
This tour can be a workout. Participants should be comfortable in the water, in good physical condition and not prone to seasickness. This paddle involves about three to four hours of intermittent paddling.
When & Where:
October through April -- Monday, Wednesday and Friday. (with 4 persons any day of the week).
Weather Permitting: unstable winter weather can cause periodic postponements, we recommend reserving up to a week in advance and early during your stay on Kaua'i.
Check in at 8:30 a.m. at our Wailua Marina Shop.
Our Guide to client ratio:
One guide to seven clients.
South Shore pick up:
If staying on the south side of the island you can arrange to meet at the Koloa Landing launch area. There is no parking at the Koloa landing launch area.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Not for youth under age 16
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - Lunch of Deli made Turkey, Ham, Roast beef, Salami, or Vegetarian Sanwiches --Refreshments of Hawaiian style tropical juices and bottled water.
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the DBA: Kayak Kauai in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.