Our Sonoma Coast Kayak Tour takes you to the edge of the beautiful Pacific Ocean where we explore the Russian River as it meets the sea. Birds, seals, a great lunch, and crashing waves are the highlights of this great day on the water. Expect to spend approximately 4 hours on this tour which includes paddling the river and walking on the beach while gazing out on the Pacific Ocean. We bring along plenty of snacks and water to keep you fueled up for the tour and afterwards we take you to our favorite riverside cafe for a healthy satisfying lunch.
What You'll Get
Let us show you the gorgeous and rugged Sonoma Coast! You just sit back and enjoy the drive! After meeting in Central Santa Rosa, your guide will tell you all about the small towns and areas on your drive out to the kayaking location. A bonus is the amazing views of the Pacific Ocean as you drive iconic Hwy.1. We begin kayaking in the small seaside town of Jenner. After a brief safety talk and paddling instruction, we hit the water and explore the gorgeous Russian River where it joins the Pacific Ocean. The paddling is gentle and we keep our eyes peeled for a variety of wildlife including river otters, pelicans, osprey, and curious harbor seals. We land on the beach and check out the ocean before getting back in the boats and heading back to Jenner for a delicious lunch put together by your guide. The drive back to Santa Rosa takes us up the Russian River Valley and under the canopy of the world famous Redwoods.
• Sonoma Coast State Beach, Sonoma, CA
• Russian River Valley, Russian River Valley, California
• Russian River, CA
• Sonoma County, Sonoma County, California
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Please bring water shoes or sandals.
- We will get wet. Bring clothes you won't mind getting wet and consider bringing a change of clothes.
- The weather at the coast can change quickly. Please bring an extra layer in case it is a bit chilly. It's better to have more clothes than you need than wish you had an extra layer.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from meeting location
2060 W College Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95401, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Smart Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.