Today's Groupon gives you a taste of the upper crust at a lower-crust price—an apt comparison because lower crust is currently trading at exactly 61% less than upper crust. $35 gets you, the elite-curious, tennis-dabbling Bostonian, two visits, two lessons, and two lunches or suppers at the Weston Racquet Club, plus refreshing dips in the swimming and whirlpools. Choose from five great classes (see descriptions). Located only 15 minutes from downtown Boston at 132 West St. in Waltham, WRC is the perfect setting for you to make new friends across the nets where the traditions of tennis endure. Members always have compatible playing partners guaranteed whenever they wish to play, and complimentary clinics to improve their game.
This two-time pass gives you unprecedented access to one of Boston's oldest, most exclusive tennis clubs. You'll trade ground strokes on one of the club's eight outdoor cushioned championship courts lit for cool evening play; enjoy pleasant swims in the pool and dips in the hot tub; relax after a game of mixed doubles with a pinot grigio on the porch of the 40-Love Café in the restored country mansion clubhouse. Enjoy the camaraderie and warm breezes!
While WRC’s “Learn N Play” class will teach you the rules of tennis etiquette, Groupon has a few etiquette tips to get you started before you enjoy your two-day pass:
- It is rude to play doubles with a mouthful of peanut butter, but not so with singles
- If you serve an ace, it is polite to ask your opponent for forgiveness
- Never argue questionable out of bounds calls, settle it with a game of backgammon
Read what tenniholics are saying about the WRC:
- "Their guaranteed matchmaking is excellent—I almost always get a great match. You can call up in the morning and say 'I want to play tennis at 6pm' and play tennis at 6pm with someone at your level. It's a fantastic service and I don't know of any other club that does this." - Margaret O., Yelp
- "I love this place!" – ShirleyLi, Citysearch
A $35, two-day insider look at upscale tennis (defined as not breaking a sweat; good-hearted, back-and-forth ribbings; and organic tomato breaks) is a no-brainer. Get your Groupon!
This is how WRC describes their classes:
- Learn N Play: If you’ve always wanted to learn to play tennis, the great social game for life, but have yet to find the right opportunity, these fun one hour sessions are it! WRC’s beginner and advanced beginner LNP’s are an exciting combination of group instruction, drills and graduated play. You’ll learn the fundamentals of strokes, footwork, scoring, rules, and etiquette, while developing your ball control, and placement. WRC promises you’ll enjoy tennis, the great social game! Sessions Offered: 11- 12N Mon./Wed., 12-1pm Sat./Sun. and 8-9 pm Thurs.
- Reclaim Your Game: Remember when you last played tennis? Looking to get back into this great game? Bring back the joys of tennis experienced in earlier years with these one hour group skills, drills and play instructional sessions. Review, refresh and practice your fundamentals and techniques and play games with partners at your level provided by WRC’s congenial staff. Sessions Offered: 11-12N Thurs., 7-8pm Wed. and 1-2pm Sat./Sun.
- Social Tennis: An exciting 2 hour session of 30 minutes of doubles drills and 90 minutes of doubles play. You’ll enjoy playing great tennis and meeting new players while changing partners and opponents each 30 minute period. Enjoy après tennis snacks, refreshments, and camaraderie. Sessions Offered: 7-9 pm Fri. and 6-8pm Sun.
- Cardio Tennis: One hour high energy on-court group workouts to push your fitness to a new level and have fun doing it. Taught by WRC’s certified Cardio Tennis Professionals, Cardio Sessions feature dynamic tennis drills giving players of all abilities the ultimate workout, while burning lots of calories, and learning and improving tennis skills in the process of getting FIT! Sessions Offered: 10-11 am Tues./Fri., 11-12N Sat./Sun., 7-8pm Mon. and 8-9pm Wed
- Play Tennis Anytime: One hour one-on-one playing session under sun or stars with handsome WRC staff players who will play singles with you at your skill level and choice of day and time, or play doubles with you if you bring along 2 friends who also have WRC Groupons, and partner each one of you during the hour, or, if you and one or three WRC
- If Groupon friends prefer to just play singles or doubles by yourselves and enjoy après tennis drinks at poolside, that’s O.K. too! However you play it, you’ll have a terrific time at WRC. Sessions Offered: 7am-10pm, 7 days a week by reservation in advance, limited availability 6-8pm Mon-Thurs
Note to customers
All guests of the Weston Racquet Club are required to wear appropriate tennis apparel on premises with all tennis whites preferred. This tradition dates from the 1880's when all stuffed shirts and tennis balls were white and starched as well. Fortunately, starching disappeared in the late 1920's, but “tennis white is right” endures today, and goes well with the oriental rugs, French travel posters, and après tennis Myers rum swizzles at WRC.
Weston Racquet Club
Overhead lights are illuminated as the sun dips lower on the horizon, casting a glow across duos engaged in baseline rallies that echo across Weston Racquet Club’s eight outdoor courts. Every day, the club’s staffers set up meetings like this between players of similar abilities—staff unconditionally guarantees a suitable partner for individuals any time they are looking for a match. Carefully selected pairs then take to indoor or outdoor courts, which feature cushiony surfaces ideal for players with tender knees or cowardly socks. Members can continue to hone their skills during one of the 30 complimentary tennis clinics offered per week.
Housed inside a restored country mansion originally built in 1858, the clubhouse winds back the clock with an art-deco-inspired interior reminiscent of a 1930s tennis club. After a day on the courts, guests can unwind in the 45,000-gallon heated pool or soothe their aching tennis ear in the hot tub. Weston Racquet Clubs’ 40-Love Café aids in refueling by serving a menu of sandwiches, salads, and tapas.
132 West St
Waltham, Massachusetts 02451Get Directions