What You'll Get
Today’s Groupon lets you live out lumberjackian desires with an evening’s worth of grizzly games and grub at Museum by Moonlight at the World Forestry Center. For $4, you’ll get admission to the 21-and-over, after-hours event, taking place December 10 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Get your fill of forest fun with featured interactive exhibits for nature novices and full-fledged tree people. Measure your smoke-pouncing skills with the virtual smoke-jumper, or round up paddle-friendly pals and ride on class IV rapids without getting wet. Those interested in adventures more epicurean than earthy can refresh with backwoods beverages, including Barefoot Wines, specialty brews from Laurelwood, and sweet treats from participating vendors (50 Licks’ maple-bacon ice cream, Missionary Chocolates’ vegan truffles, and more).
The 20,000-square-foot Washington Park museum is bewitchingly beautiful after hours. Its intricate carvings and epic outdoor entrance will only appear more impressive when bathed in the milky glow of the soft moonlight as the moon gets dangerously closer and closer to crashing into Earth. If you’re sick of eggnog and caroling, this makes an educational alternative. Get this Groupon to court a tree hugger, to exhaust hyperactive relatives, or to get new ideas for camping activities.
- This museum in Portland is not to be missed. Featuring interesting exhibits that focus on four specific aspects of the forest - discovery, exploration, change and life - the Portland World Forestry Center is enthralling for all age groups. – 10Best
If there’s one slander that the Entertainment Lobby has tried to spread repeatedly, it’s that museums are boring, irrelevant places where no television-owning child should be forced to go. Right? Wrong. That misconception ends today with your invitation to the World Forestry Center. What other steps are museums taking to remind people how cool they are?
- Allowing dinosaurs to come back to life during day, not just after hours
- Gift shops offering new and better DNA
- Five-hour-long film loop about 1906 earthquake now set to sweeping, original Armageddon soundtrack
- Spirit of St. Louis can be rented out hourly to impress Steph
- Mummy dunk tanks
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 11, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Must be 21 years or older. Valid for event on 12/10/09 only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.