What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- C$35 for five 50-minute cardio and strength training group classes (C$100 value)
- C$59 for ten 50-minute cardio and strength training group classes (C$200 value)
- C$59 for ten 60-minute all-levels kickboxing classes on Monday–Friday at noon (C$200 value)
- C$35 for five 60-minute ladies-only group classes on Wednesdays (C$100 value)
Click to see the entire class schedule. This Groupon is valid for customers 13 and over.
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for clients active within the past 12 months. Limit 10 classes per person, may buy 1 additional voucher as gift. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must sign waiver. Only valid for ages 13 and up. Limit 10 Class maximum per person. If choosing 5 class option, may purchase additional 5 class option to total 10 class maximum. Must use class package within 60days of first class redemption. Call (403) 685-3487 for inquiries. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.