Here at Groupon, we’re committed to doing everything we can to ensure the well-being of our customers, employees and partner businesses. We are all in this together.
For several years, Groupon has been focused on partnering with local merchants to help support communities around the world. Today, we know that communities need us now, more than ever. Local businesses are often an important part of the very fabric of communities we all call home, and like so many of you, they are feeling the enormous impact of COVID-19. This is why we have dedicated our #HelpSaveLocal initiative to help drive sales for local merchants during these difficult times. Here are some examples of how we at Groupon are putting our passion for supporting small businesses and the communities they serve into action:
- Fundera Partnership and PPP Assistance: Partnered with Fundera to help merchants secure emergency SBA loans through the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Stand for Small with American Express: Lent our support to the Stand For Small coalition, which includes member companies that span industries such as media, technology, consumer goods, professional services and more, and is focused on providing small businesses with resources for navigating the current environment.
- Small Business Resource Center: Providing our merchants with a running list of external resources that can aid small business owners.
- COVID-19 Survival Tips: Established a go-to merchant resource portal that offers industry-specific tips and examples for innovating and pivoting business models in order to drive sales during COVID-19.
- Global Best-In-Class Online Marketing Expertise: Created an information hub for merchants that highlights the latest industry trends and an initiative that allows Groupon to promote merchants to our diverse social media communities.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- If you are able, donate to our longtime partner Feeding America. 100% of donations will support Feeding America’s disaster relief efforts to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to customers like you, we have provided more than 650,000 meals to communities in need.
- If you’ve already purchased a Groupon, our merchants are telling us that the best thing you can do to help is to hold onto your voucher and show up when you can. To support this, we are extending expiration dates for vouchers whenever possible for up to 12 months. We’ll notify you as we extend these dates.
- If you want to show your support now, pick your favorite business and buy a Groupon to use for later — so businesses will know you’ll be there when you can. For any questions about whether a merchant is open for business, please contact them. Their contact information is listed on every Groupon deal page and voucher.
- Many merchants are doing incredible things to innovate right now. Follow us on social media to support and see what our amazing merchant community is up to.
The entire Groupon family wants to thank you for putting your trust in us and supporting local businesses and your community. We’re committed to working through these challenging times with you together.