Go from Work to a Holiday Party Without Changing Clothes
Calendars get crowded around the holidays. It’s not unusual to go straight from work to a last-minute shopping trip, and then on to an office party or gift exchange with friends. Although it can feel overwhelming to dress for a night out before the morning coffee’s even kicked in, it’s actually quite simple if you keep two tips in mind: choose classic silhouettes, and pocket a couple of colorful or glitzy accessories.
Build your outfit around black, which is both foolproof and chic. Add work-appropriate silhouettes in party-appropriate colors and prints, like this teal military coat and floral pencil skirt. A pair of metallic earrings and some fresh lipstick provide the finishing touches.
1. Cole Haan military coat; Groupon Goods Reserve ($289)
2. Floral pencil skirt; Mango ($59.99)
3. Nicole Miller silk blouse; Groupon Goods Reserve ($99)
4. Gold-heeled ankle booties; Francesca’s ($159)
5. Golden Goose leather handbag; The Corner ($1,138)
6. Monika Chiang spike earrings; Groupon Goods Reserve ($34)
7. Hansel from Basel donegal tights; Penelope’s ($35)
A few key details keep this business-casual look from feeling stiff come party time. Dark-rinse jeans transition easily from the cubicle to cocktails, and the plaid of this skinny tie is a more sophisticated take on holiday tartans.
1. Herringbone blazer; Suit Supply ($399)
2. Tonal dress shirt; Topman ($110)
3. J.Fold braided belt; Groupon Goods Reserve ($22)
4. A.P.C. jeans; Penelope’s ($185)
5. Harvey boots; Frye ($268)
6. Socks; Mr. Porter ($80)
7. Square check skinny tie; Apartment Number 9 ($88)