What is VelaShape (and How Long Do Results Last?)
Traditional liposuction requires an invasive procedure to remove fat from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, neck, and arms. But there's another way to achieve slimmer body areas: noninvasive VelaShape contours the body without scalpels and anesthesia. Read on to learn the answer to "what is VelaShape" and to find out if it's right for you:
What is VelaShape?
The simplest way to describe what is VelaShape is that it's the product of four technology that shrink fat cells rather than completely get rid of them. The treatment uses:
1) Radio frequency
2) Infrared light
3) Vacuum suction
4) Mechanical massage
How does VelaShape work?
Once the device is placed against the skin, it uses vacuum technology to suction against the skin and massage rollers to knead the treatment area. The other technologies also go to work:
- Radio-frequency energy and infrared light penetrate the fat cells and temporarily perforate their membranes, causing the fat cells to release fatty acids, glycerol, and water into the body and then shrink.
- The process also boosts collagen production to smooth skin, which is why it is FDA-cleared to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. (Read more about how VelaShape fights cellulite.)
How many treatments do I need to see results?
Most clients can see results after three sessions, but 4–6 weekly treatment sessions are recommended for optimal results. Each VelaShape session takes about 30 minutes.
What areas can be treated?
It can treat the thighs, buttocks, love handles, and abdomen.
Is this invasive?
No, this treatment is not invasive.
Am I eligible to use VelaShape?
A VelaShape technican will determine if you're eligible for the treatment. But generally, you must meet the following:
- Exhibit signs of cellulite around the limbs or in the pelvic/abdomen region
- Not be diagnosed with diabetes, or be suceptible to blood clots
- If you are pregnant, or have a defribulator or a pacemaker, approval from your doctor will likely be required.
Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime required.
How long do results last?
Since VelaShape only shrinks and does not destroy fat cells, a balanced diet is the only way to ensure lasting results. Those who take in more calories than they burn will see their improvement start to decrease over time. According to VelaShape reviews, the clients who have gotten the procedure for cellulite reduction have seen results, but those results have only lasted up to a few months without maintenance treatments.
What does VelaShape cost?
The cost depends on the treatment areas and number of treatments needed, but people typically pay between $800 and $2,000 for a series of treatments.
VelaShape vs. CoolSculpting: Which is Best?
If you've come across CoolSculpting and noticing the similarities, you might be wondering which is best for you: VelaShape vs. CoolSculpting? The answer is whichever you feel most comfortable with! If you're interesting in either one, talk to a VelaShape or CoolSculpting technician about your preferences or concerns to help you make a decision.
The Guide: we cover the coolest food, beauty, and entertainment trends happening nationwide.