How to Lose Weight Fast: Our Best Weight Loss Tips & Deals
If you're wondering how to lose weight fast—and really, who among us hasn't asked that question—it's important to know there are no magic weight loss tips or diet plans that will help you drop pounds overnight (at least, not safely). But that doesn't mean there aren't easy steps you can take today to start yourself on the path toward measurable weight loss. After all, the sooner you start your weight-loss journey, the sooner you can expect to see results, and the secret to how to lose weight fast is not to follow a one-size-fits-all fad-diet, but to find the weight-loss solution that works best for you. To help, we compiled some of our very best real-life weight loss tips and deals onto one page, so you can build your own plan and make strides toward your goal weight.
What are the best weight loss diets?
Simply put, the best weight loss diet is one that is designed expressly for you. A nutritionist, registered dietitian, or other weight-loss professional can help formulate a plan based on your lifestyle, health needs, and the exact amount of weight you want to lose. Many plans also include regular check-ins and other tools to help you stay on track. Sessions don't come cheap, but it's possible to find deals on this type of professional service. Here are a few of our favorites from around the country:
- Chicago: Up to 60% Off Weight-Loss Counseling Sessions at Sensible Solutions: 360 Health
- New York: Up to 91% Off 8-Week Weight-Loss Program at NYC Health & Nutrition
- LA: Up to 69% Off Weight-Loss Coaching at Beautiful Mind Balanced Body
- Omaha: Up to 58% Off Nutrition-Counseling Program at Eat Well Nutrition & Wellness, Inc.
- Houston: 50% Off Nutritionist Services at My Nutrition Advisors
- Miami: Up to 61% Off Weight-Loss Support Group at Eat Good Feel Good
- National: Up to $65 Off One-Month Weight Watchers OnlinePlus Subscription
What about DIY diet plans?
Getting professional assistance is one of the best ways to lose weight, but if you prefer to go it alone, there are some universal weight loss tips that you should use when crafting your custom diet plan:
- Drink more water: people who count calories often forget to include drinks in their calculations, but even drinks that are under 100 calories can add up when you're consuming several throughout the day. At 0 calories, water is your best bet. If that's too boring, consider adding lemon slices or herbs like mint using a water bottle infuser, like this one ($12.99).
- Fewer carbs, more veggies: while you don't need to cut out carbs completely, cutting back on sugars and starches is essential since these foods can stimulate insulin production and prevent the body from burning fat. Filling up on veggies is a good idea since you'll get filling fiber without the sugar rush. If that sounds boring, consider investing in a spiralizer, which turns veggies into fun noodle shapes. We like this one for $18.99, but you can find spiralizers at all different price ranges.
- Choose lean proteins: many dieters choose to cut meat out of their diet completely, but consuming lean protein can actually help boost your metabolism and cut down on cravings for carbohydrates. If meat isn't a part of your regular diet, be sure to eat plenty of non-animal protein, or consider adding a protein supplement.
What are the best exercises to lose weight?
Contrary to popular belief, you shouldn't just jump on the treadmill if you want to lose weight fast. Most experts agree that the most effective weight-loss exercise plans are those than combine weight-training exercises with cardio. Cardio exercises elevate your heat rate and torch calories fast, while weight-lifting will build muscle, which, in turn, will help you to burn more calories throughout the day, even when you're resting. If designing your own plan sounds too complicated, consider booking a session with a personal trainer. Or, try one of these fitness classes, each of which combines cardio with muscle-building exercises.
- CrossFit: this high-intensity fitness program combines cardio drills with functional exercises like tire flips and kettlebell swings
- Kickboxing: martial arts techniques and boxing maneuvers are performed at a fast pace to help build muscle and make you sweat
- Boot camp: boot camps take cues from military-style drills, but are scalable to suit all fitness levels
- Pilates: Pilates may look gentle, but it's focus on proper posture and alignment will torch calories while building a firm core
What about weight-loss surgery?
Surgery may sound like a get-thin-quick solution, but as a long-term solution, it's rarely as effective as diet and exercise. That being said, if you're more worried about trimming a few trouble spots than you are about dropping pounds, procedures such as liposuction may help. Traditional liposuction involves surgery, but there are also many noninvasive procedures such as iLipo and Ultrasonic Cavitation, that deliver similar results with less risk and downtime. Click here to read our comprehensive guide to liposuction.
These weight-loss procedures come with a high price tag, but it is possible to find deals on liposuction near you. Here are a few of our top deals that are live right now:
- Chicago: Up to 83% Off Lipo Laser Sessions with Whole Body Vibration at Body by Lipo
- Seattle: Up to 88% Off Laser Lipo Sessions at Slender Body Solutions
- San Francisco: Up to 91% Off Ultrasonic Lipo-Sculpture Treatments at SF Fat Loss
- Atlanta: Up to 91% Off Laser Lipo Treatments with B12 Injections at LeNi Wellness Boutique
- Dallas: Up to 88% Off 3D Tummy-Lipo and Vac-Lipo Treatments at Natural Beauty Clinique
- Charleston: Up to 69% Off Zerona Body-Contouring Treatments at Palmetto Laser Lipo
What to eat (and not eat) if you want a bodybuilder's bod
Professional trainers give advice for finding the right workout class for you
Running a race? Building muscle? Here's what you need