Anyone who shops at Home Depot knows they’ll find savings on appliances, tools, flooring, and gardening supplies all year long. But not all sales are created equal, and there are some times of year you’ll score bigger discounts than others. The Groupon Coupons team charted out Home Depot’s seasonal sales to uncover what you should buy when to save the most.
Home Depot Spring Sales
Home Depot Spring Black Friday (April 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Pretty much everything! Mulch and gardening supplies, lawn care tools, grills, patio furniture, flooring, paint, appliances, and more.
- Typical Discounts: In 2019, Home Depot offered up to $800 off select appliances.
- Tip: There’s typically a one-day in-store sale that’s worth leaving the house for.
Home Depot really only has one spring sale to watch out for, but it’s a doozy. The Spring Black Friday sale, not unlike the Black Friday sale in November, offers huge sitewide savings. But unlike the later Black Friday sale which runs for a weekend, these savings last a full 12 days. The Spring Black Friday sale was cancelled in 2020, but we expect the next sale to occur in April 2021. Come back here for more details as they become available.
Home Depot Summer Sales
Home Depot Memorial Day Sale (May 31, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Appliances, outdoor furniture, and grills
- Typical Discounts: In 2020, Home Depot’s Special Buy was a Nexgrill 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill for $299. They also offered 30% off Weber Grills.
- Tip: Use these sales to get yards summer-ready for less.
Late spring and early summer are when Home Depot’s Garden Center spills outdoors with colorful rows of flowers, plants, and bushes—and the Memorial Day Sale is when you can save on them. The sale can also help you tame outdoor living spaces with lawn mowers and insect repellents, as well as beautify them with patio furniture, grills, and pergolas.
Home Depot Red, White & Blue Sale (July 4, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Appliances, lawn care, gardening supplies, and grills.
- Typical Discounts: In 2020, Home Depot offered up to $100 off select grills.
- Tip: If you miss this sale, you can always head to the Labor Day Sale for end-of-season savings.
Also called the 4th of July Sale, the Home Depot Red, White & Blue sale is when you can expect to save the most on lawn care and gardening supplies. Plus, Home Depot offers a one-year guarantee on its perennials, trees, and shrubs, so this is a good time to trade out any that didn’t take.
Home Depot Labor Day Sale (Sept. 8, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Grills and patio furniture
- Typical Discounts: In 2020, Home Depot offered $30 off a Nexgrill 5-Burner Gas Grill.
- Tip: This is by far your best chance for end-of-summer savings.
If you can hold off all summer, you’ll find the steepest discounts on grills and patio furniture during the Home Depot Labor Day Sale. Why? This is typically when stores slash prices on end-of-season products to get ready for fall.
Home Depot Fall Sales
Home Depot Black Friday Sale (Nov. 26, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Pretty much everything, with some in-store deals you can’t find online.
- Typical Discounts: In 2020, Home Depot ran deals for 40% off select appliances and $60 off Ninja Foodi 6.5-quart pressure cookers.
- Tip: Do. Not. Miss. This. Sale.
True-blue Home Depot shoppers know that the Home Depot Black Friday Sale is nothing to sneeze at. You’ll find savings around every corner of the store. We think the discounted multi-piece tools and small kitchen appliances will make for great holiday gifts.
Home Depot Cyber Monday Sale (Nov. 29, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Nearly everything is on sale when you shop at homedepot.com.
- Typical Discounts: In 2020, Home Depot delighted online shoppers with up to 40% off tools and up to 30% off smart home tech.
- Tip: The best deals tend to sell out fast, so be sure to get online early.
Tools, smart home tech, and holiday gifts are heavily discounted during Home Depot’s Cyber Monday Sale. Skip the crowds and browse deals online from the comfort of your couch.
Home Depot Green Monday Sale (Dec. 14, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Large appliances, power tools, and small kitchen appliances.
- Typical Discounts: Up to 45% off appliances, plus an extra 10% off with code.
- Tip: This is your last chance to save on holiday gifts, so don’t miss it.
The Home Depot Green Monday Sale will not only save you money on holiday gifts, it’ll also give you enough time to have them shipped to homes. Shop any later and you risk not receiving items until after the holidays.
Home Depot Winter Sales
Home Depot After Christmas Sale (Dec. 26, 2021)
- What Goes on Sale: Christmas decor like holiday lights, lawn ornaments, and artificial Christmas trees.
- Typical Discounts: You’ll find savings of up to 50% on most decor, but shop the clearance section for even bigger discounts.
- Tip: Miss the After Christmas Sale? You’ll get another chance to save next year by shopping for holiday decor during the Black Friday sale.
As soon as the Christmas and Hanukkah holidays are over, you’ll start to find steep discounts on holiday decor. This is a great time to upgrade your holidays lights, stock up on ornaments, or switch to an artificial tree (no messy pine needles and you can use it year after year).
Home Depot Presidents Day Sale (Feb. 21, 2022)
- What Goes on Sale: Appliances, bath items, and storage
- Typical Discounts: This sale usually offers up to 40% off select appliances and storage solutions.
- Tip: In between sales, check out our Appliances sales calendar.
The Home Depot Presidents Day Sale is the perfect time to stock up on cleaning tools and storage solutions to make your home neat and tidy. Keep an eye out for discounts on items like iRobot Robot Mops, Shark vacuum cleaners, and garage cabinets.