Welcome to Summer Beauty Week!
Whether you’re a hipster or a square, there’s an argument to be made that summer is the best season. Splashing around, strolling the boardwalk, staying up till 10 o’clock—oh, those summer nights. In your dreams about what you’ll get up to in these glorious months, chances are you’re looking as glam as can be: perfectly coiffed hair, dazzling smile, sun-kissed skin, glossy nails.
Well, warm up the turntable and get ready to cut a rug, because you’ll want to celebrate Beauty Week. Starting Monday, July 27, Groupon is filling the site with beauty deals and special offers to help you look and feel wonderful this summer. Thanks to a vast selection, you can stock up on Groupons for your favorite beauty and wellness services, including facials and massages, or try something new, like body contouring or injectables. It only lasts seven days, so read on to get hip to all the Beauty Week happenings.
Mark your calendar for a chance at the following savings. Codes can be applied up to three times on its associated days:
- July 27 and 28: An extra 20% off beauty and spa deals if you use promo code GLAM20
- July 29 and 30: $10 off facial and massage deals if you use promo code TREAT10
- July 31: Select deals will be sold for only $10 over 24 hours. Check back Friday for these steals!
- August 1 and 2: Up to an extra 30% off select beauty and spa deals
Like at the sight of a popsicle on a sweltering day, we’ll be perking up wan subscribers by delivering these flashy summertime sales. If you’re overwhelmed by the selection, we’re constantly giving customers insights into the world of beauty.
Thinking of changing your look? We have ideas that can ease you into a makeover, not a complete overhaul. At a loss at the manicurist’s station? Bring in one of our fun nail-art ideas. Have no idea where to start when coloring your hair? We break down some of the most popular options, ranging from partial highlights to ombre.
The Marquee Partners
One of our favorite parts of Beauty Week is working with merchants across the country—both familiar and brand new—to send exciting treatments and experiences your way. Check out some the spas and salons that can help beautify your summer:
- The Island Spa at Caribe Royal Orlando | Orlando: If you need a vacation from your vacation, visit this spa, where couples massages, skin-lifting facials, and all-day pool access await. Did we mention the complimentary champagne?
- eforea Spa at Hilton Short Hills | Short Hills, NJ: Cell phones must be off at this convenient retreat. Couples can spend time rediscovering intimacy during couples massages and pool floating.
- Poseidon Spa, Grand Bohemian Hotel | Orlando: Restore a more youthful glow with the Brightening Beauty facial, which includes peptide-infused serums, lifting massage techniques, and a firming mask.
- Toppers Spa/Salon | Philadelphia: Though services as wide-ranging as airbrush tans, mani-pedis, and blowouts are available here, you won't be sacrificing quality for convenience.
- B Indulged Aveda Spa at B Resort & Spa at Lake Buena | Orlando: Pair a Swedish massage with an anti-aging facial that harnesses the skin-calming properties of plants. You can also enjoy lunch, the pool, and the fitness center.
- Heavenly Spa by Westin | Fort Lauderdale: A spa day here has you covered from head to toe. An eye treatment obscures fine lines, a body scrub softens skin all over, and paraffin treatments renew hands and feet.
Between the Coasts
- Moda Aveda Salon | Fort Worth: Natural Aveda products help expert stylists finish off looks. They can complement a new haircut with well-placed highlights or a gloss treatment to amp up shine.
- The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa | Las Vegas: While away the hours at this lakeside resort, far (but not too far) from the bustling Strip. Soak in the pool with a drink, hang out in a cabana, or take out a kayak.
- Aji Spa at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort | Phoenix: Have your pick of spa services from the menu, which includes indigenous treatments derived from the traditional rituals of the area's Pima and Maricopa cultures.
- Dreamclinic Massage | Seattle: You'd be hard-pressed to find a more relaxing treatment than this clinic's deep-tissue massage with vibroacoustic therapy (music plus vibrations set to custom frequencies).
- Rock Spa at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs | Palm Springs, CA: There's perhaps no more classic Palm Springs image than bathing beauties laying out by the pool. Relax beforehand with a massage and mud body mask.
- LaBelle Day Spas & Salons | San Francisco: Luminous faces like Audrey Hepburn, Michelle Pfieffer, and Maria Shriver have graced these spas, known for such luxury services as the Caviar & Carat facial (that's carat as in gold).
- Nature's Spa by Jurlique | San Diego: The manicure decorates your hands with expertly applied polish. The pedicure—plus sugar exfoliation, a mask, and a foot massage—unfolds over one blissful hour.
The The Guide
We've partnered with a guest beauty blogger, Fancykins, who serves as a guide in figuring out how to care for your hair this summer, come heat or humidity. (Her tips just might help your wallet and your hairstyle heartbreak.)
Meanwhile, our Style & Beauty writers are just like you—in that we’re sometimes too shy to ask certain questions at the salon. No longer! We summoned up the courage to find out the deal with a number of beauty treatments so you can book appointments with confidence. Golly, did you know popping your zits is a bad idea?
The Guide: we cover the coolest food, beauty, and entertainment trends happening nationwide.