After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- $125 for admission for a team of two to the Angel Island Adventure Race ($200 value)
- Click here for more race information
- Click here to view a map of the course
Race time takes place from 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Upon registering for the race, participants will get a ticket to ride an early ferry from Tiburon to Angel Island. Details about times (most likely 8:30 a.m.) will be in the Racer Packet.
Angel Island Adventure Race
- The Challenge: In this adrenaline-pumping race, duos must bike, run, climb, and sweat their way across trails, fire roads, and a slew of surprises in an adventure that requires brawn, brains, and teamwork. Each team is allotted one mountain bike (bringing your own is recommended, rental information is available here.
- The Setting: The stunning perimeter of Angel Island, which offers sterling 360º views of the San Francisco skyline, the Marin County Headlands, and Mount Tamalpais
- The Course: It’s kept under wraps until the morning of the race, which adds extra mystery to the adventure. After teams receive their race map, they can begin plotting their path to victory on the ferry ride to the island. The obstacle challenges are being kept secret, too, with the exception of…
- The “Super Sling Shot”: In which one partner wears a colored basket on their head while standing 50 ft. away from the slingshot. The second partner is in charge of flinging brightly colored rubber chickens until they land three in the head-bucket
- The Length: each participant will pull a minimum of 6K (3.7 miles)…but that all depends on how well each team prepares. If teams fail to communicate well, or have difficulty completing challenges, they could wind up running/biking up to 10K (6.2 miles)
- The Prizes: 1st place winners score one night stays at the Lodge in Tiburon and 2nd place gets $100 gift cards to Sea Trek, but the best dressed duo (wearing a costume or gussying up your bike is encouraged) wins a pair of Fitbit Flexes