Participants can enjoy a kayak tour around the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, or rent a kayak and adventure on their own
What You'll Get
- By appointment
- Departure location: 2158 Avenida De La Playa, La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Included tours: Kayak Tour of the 7 Caves or Sunset Kayak Tour
- Duration of tour: two hours
- Duration of rental: 90 minutes
- Notable sights: marine wildlife of the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, sea caves, Kelp Forest
- Included in the kayak rental price are a water map, all necessary kayak gear, and complimentary transportation of the kayak to the beach
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 19, 2020. Amount paid never expires. Online reservation required. Not intended for group reservations. Limit 1 per family/group. At least a 48-hour advance reservation is recommended as availability is limited. Additional 16% maintenance and service fee not included. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bike & Kayak Tours
A crew of former athletes and passionate locals with a love for the outdoors wait beneath the bright-red awnings at each Bike & Kayak Tours location to guide multiple expeditions through the natural sights around San Diego. Since lessons are included—along with life vests—no prior kayaking experience is needed, and tour-goers can choose between single, double, and triple sit-on-top kayaks designed for stability.
The 7 Caves and Ecological Reserve kayak tour sends paddlers on an expedition to a 75-million-year-old sandstone cliff with seven sculpted sea caverns that resound echoes in seven-part harmony. Another tour brings kayakers along the San Diego Bay, emphasizing the city's architecture with views of the skyscrapers and the award-winning Coronado Bridge. In the spring, snorkeling trips follow the seasonal migration of leopard sharks as students paddle in the shallow waters of the sandy flats with harmless predators.