Participants can enjoy a kayak tour around the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, or rent a kayak and adventure on their own
About This Deal
- By appointment
- Departure location: 2158 Avenida De La Playa, La Jolla, CA, 92037
- Included tours: Kayak Tour of the 7 Caves or Sunset Kayak Tour
- Duration of tour: two hours
- Duration of rental: 90 minutes
- Age restrictions: ages 5 and older
- Notable sights: marine wildlife of the La Jolla Ecological Reserve, sea caves, Kelp Forest
- Included in the kayak rental price are a water map, all necessary kayak gear, and complimentary transportation of the kayak to the beach
Need To Know
About Bike & Kayak Tours
A crew of former athletes and passionate locals with a love for the outdoors wait beneath the bright-red awnings at each Bike & Kayak Tours location to guide multiple expeditions through the natural sights around San Diego. Since lessons are included—along with life vests—no prior kayaking experience is needed, and tour-goers can choose between single, double, and triple sit-on-top kayaks designed for stability.
The 7 Caves and Ecological Reserve kayak tour sends paddlers on an expedition to a 75-million-year-old sandstone cliff with seven sculpted sea caverns that resound echoes in seven-part harmony. Another tour brings kayakers along the San Diego Bay, emphasizing the city's architecture with views of the skyscrapers and the award-winning Coronado Bridge. In the spring, snorkeling trips follow the seasonal migration of leopard sharks as students paddle in the shallow waters of the sandy flats with harmless predators.