- $399 for a five-day kids’ summer camp ($675 value)
Beginning July 20, summer camp provides kids with five day’s worth of all-day adventures across the state. Click here for an itinerary of the camp’s destinations.
Unlike rival camps, Camp Mediocre and Camp All I Did Was Make Macaroni Necklaces, Camp Awesome sends kids on fun, educational adventures to learn about the state government, animals, art, and science. Ferried around by coach bus, campers flit from site to site, giving them something to write about in essays about their summer vacations. Read on to learn more about the camp:
- Dates: July 20–24 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Transportation: Luxury coach buses equipped with AC
- What to do on the bus besides sing "Wheels on the Bus": Watch G-rated movies
- Campers shouldn't forget: Their lunches, drinks, and snacks
- What to ask while visiting the USS North Carolina: "Is your battleship at B-6?"
- Things to ponder on the ride home: What's more wet—the fish at the North Carolina Aquarium or a bunch of kids at Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe Water Park?
- What souvenirs to pick up at the state capitol: Tips for a class-president campaign