Olives find their way into many Mediterranean dishes, as they’re often eaten on their own, pressed into olive oil, or supplemented for marshmallows in Italian rocky-road ice cream. Embrace this Mediterranean marvel with today’s Groupon for Italian fare at Cantina Toscana in Bradenton. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get a dinner for two (up to a $72 total value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $14 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $20 value each)
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $9 value each)
- For $67, you get a dinner for four (up to a $144 total value) that includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $14 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $20 value each)
- Four glasses of wine (up to a $9 value each)<p>
The chefs at Cantina Toscana adhere to Mediterranean culinary traditions to bake and fry authentic regional cuisine rich with olive oil, peppers, seafood, and cheese. Meals commence with appetizers ranging from beef carpaccio to bacon-wrapped sea scallops splayed atop a bed of wilted spinach, just as they’re naturally found on Italian shores. Entrees range from house specialties such as eggplant parmesan to pasta dishes including con frutti di mare, an aquatic medley of mussels, calamari, and undelivered mail to Atlantis. The saltimbocca alla romana partners parmesan risotto and broccoli gratin with pan-fried veal cutlets topped with parma ham and sage. Throughout the meal, diners swirl and sip glasses of wine, trying to discern the floral notes of pinot grigio and guess the age of pinot noir without asking to see its ID.
Cantina Toscana welcomes guests with both outdoor seating and a spacious, airy dining room replete with intimate wooden tables and cozy padded booths. Festooned with sconces and artwork, the walls are painted a deep-yellow hue, evoking the warm Tuscan sun wearing its favorite mustard-colored fedora.