Head out for a four hour narrated trip to see the Whales in there natural habitat
What You'll Get
- What’s included: four-hour whale-watching trip, ages 17+
- Departure times: 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., customers are required to book the trip in advance.
- Departure location: 54 Merrimac St. Newburyport, MA (Parking is located adjacent to the dock and there is also a parking garage located close by)
- Adult tickets valid for Customers ages 17 and over
- Child tickets under the age of 3 are $10 and need to be be included in the reservation
- Reservations must be made for all in party
- Click here to view the schedule
- About the vessel: Captains Lady III is a spacious boat that may carry up to 149 passengers. The boat features a full galley serving food and drink, a heated cabin, booth seating for dining, and restrooms.
- What to bring: weather-appropriate clothing, sun protection
- Wildlife that may be spotted: humpback whales, finback whales, minke whales, porpoise, seals, sharks, sea birds
The Fine Print
About Newburyport Whale Watch
What started decades ago with a six-person boat used for bass fishing has become a thriving family-owned and -operated business. Captain’s Fishing Parties specializes in tracking down the majestic creatures of the sea and helping others to see them in their natural habitat. The company owns a fleet of four boats that may serve for a variety of cruises, ranging from small-scale fishing outings to big whale-watching trips. Enthusiasts of marine wildlife can opt for a four-hour cruise around the Gulf of Maine to spot hunchback whales, seals, and other animals, while others may choose a private cruise down the Merrimack River to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday or even a wedding.