Soft-serve ice cream, milkshakes, and signature ice-cream cakes like Fudgie the Whale
About This Deal
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card
- Get 20% cash back on your first purchase and 10% cash back on additional purchases, including if the deal is re-claimed
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days
- Cash back is calculated on total bill after tip
- Deal valid for 20% cash back only on first purchase and 10% cash back on all other purchases, including after the deal is re-claimed. Limited to 1 transaction per visit
- Deal expires 30 days after claimed, but Groupon may re-claim the deal for you
- Cash back is awarded in form of statement credits
- Online orders placed through third-parties are not eligible for cash back
- Most cards are eligible for cash back. See FAQ for details
- For debit cards, select "credit" when you pay. Not all debit purchases may qualify for cash back
- Deal can be used multiple times until it expires
- Deal is subject to Groupon+ Deals Terms
- Enrollment in Groupon+ required. Eligible card will be linked to all Groupon+ participating merchants
About Carvel Ice Cream
If Tom Carvel's ice-cream truck hadn’t had a flat tire one fateful day during Memorial Day weekend in 1934, he may have never started the country’s first retail ice-cream company. Faced with losing his entire supply of ice cream to the heat, he simply sold it from the side of the road. He was so successful that, years later, he opened his first store on that same site.
Carvel stores soon sprang up across the Northeast, including DeWitt’s own Carvel shop. Opened in the 1940s, the same year ice cream was first declared a food group, it’s the oldest still-operating Carvel franchise in the country, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Every day, the store’s staffers layer their famous chocolate and vanilla ice-cream cakes with crunchies and whip up batches of their soft-serve ice cream to create cones, sundaes, and shakes. Carvel's treat makers also craft cakes, from a small square to the famous Fudgie the Whale.