Choose Between Two Options
- $9 for two tickets and a $5 gift-shop voucher ($17 value)
- $15 for four tickets and a $5 gift-shop voucher ($29 value)
Children under the age of 1 are admitted for free. Children must be accompanied by an adult (age 16 or older), and the museum requires a 1:5 adult-to-child ratio. View visitor hours and information.
Children's Museum of South Dakota
Science, literature, history, and art—the Children's Museum of South Dakota lets young visitors explore the world in all its forms. The museum focuses on education through play, with hands-on exhibits that foster each child's quest for knowledge, although parents are likely to learn a thing or two along the way.
- Size: 44,000 square feet of indoor interactive exhibit space on four acres of land
- The Building: as part of its efforts to stay green, the museum incorporates many recycled materials, such as old gym bleachers turned into railing
- Eye Catcher: Mama and Max T. Rex—full-size animatronic dinosaurs that live outdoors and roar during spring and summer
- Permanent Mainstay: Our Place on the Prairie, where kids simulate picking, sorting, and sending goods to market on a conveyor belt
- Don't Miss: the chance to play in the water all year at the Splash! exhibit
- Hidden Gem: the butterflies and flowers hiding in the Living Maze, an outdoor labyrinth made of prairie grasses