Participants can exercise their muscles and improve strength through climbing with professional gear by joining a class
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- Climbing 101 Class with Gear includes participation in a class with an hour of dedicated instruction which take place on Saturdays or Sundays at 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and teaches safe belay practices. After the class, participants are welcome to climb the rest of the day.
- Climbers under the age of 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18 years or older) at all times
Indoor Rock Climing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
Need To Know
About Climbing New Heights
Climbing New Heights is an indoor climbing gym and guide service. The staff are professionally certified and devoted to healthy lifestyles and stand behind climbing as a great activity to maintain ideal physical and mental health. With a wide range of classes, including a climbing 101 course, lead climbing techniques, and kids classes from beginner to advanced, you sure to find a class that suits your needs inside Climbing New Heights, and when you are ready to get outside on the rock around the panhandle, Climbing New Heights provides classes, and guiding services to take you higher! The team is committed to providing climbers of all ages and skill-sets with the proper training and techniques to conquer new heights and explore wherever climbing may take you.