Visitors of this picturesque winery get a chance to taste various on-site wines and check how they work with different types of food
About This Deal
- What’s included in Sweet Flight for Two:
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Dessert flight tasting
- Lemon cake
- Gourmet Chocolate from Noah’s Raw Chocolate
- What’s included in Savory Flight for Two:
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Doffo wine tasting flight
- Chimaggio appetizer
- Valid Monday through Friday
- Age restriction: must be 21 or older
- See also another deal
Need To Know
About Doffo Winery
Bold, fruit-forward reds that reflect Old-World winemaking techniques and distinctive character of Temecula Valley's climate continue to serve as Doffo Winery's star bottles. Although the selection also includes white wines that range from crisp and citrusy to floral and tinged with hints of tropical fruit, the robust malbecs, zinfandels, and cabernet sauvignons showcase the area's strengths as a grape-growing region. Doffo Winery has embraced these strengths since it first opened in 1997.
Two International Influences
In the early 1900s, Marcelo Doffo's family moved from Italy to Argentina. His grandfather settled in the Pampas region of the country. Marcelo grew up on his grandfather's land, which featured fields of wheat and corn and herds of cattle. It was in these fields that Marcelo developed his passion for tending the land: a passion that accompanied him when he immigrated to the United States. Eager to return to his ancestral roots, Marcelo decided to visit a great uncle living in Turin, Italy. His great uncle continued to use a portion of the family's Italian estate to grow and make his own wines. The idea of learning to make wine intrigued Marcelo, and he wholeheartedly embraced the practice after returning to his home in the United States.
The Beginnings of a Winery
After successfully experimenting with homemade wines, Marcelo decided to commit to winemaking by founding a winery. He located a tract of land with a historic, one-room schoolhouse that reminded him of his childhood in Argentina, and he began to care for the land, preparing the soil, building trellises, and installing irrigation lines by hand.
This tract of land became the home of Doffo Winery, which currently features 15 acres of vineyards and a full production facility. Unable to shoulder all of the responsibilities himself, Marcelo sought help from his children Brigitte, Samantha and Damian, turning the winery into a family business.
Things to Do Other than Taste
- Demonstrate Your Love : Inspired by the actions of Parisian couples who would affix padlocks to gates, bridges, or fences as a sign of their unbreakable love, the Doffo's built an arch atop a hill overlooking their land. This arch—surrounded by stone benches with sweeping views—allows guests to attach their own love lock, each of which remains a testament to the bond of a loving couple.
- Marvel at the Horsepower : Doffo Winery is also home to the family's private collection of more than 100 vintage and racing motorcycles. Motorcycles and scooters hang from the walls of a room that also stores barrels upon barrels of wine, showcasing two of the family's passions in one space.
- Listen to the Fields : The sound of classical music floats across the vineyards. Although the family insists that this music is played to soothe the grapes, there is nothing to stop visitors from enjoying it as they look out across the rolling landscape.