- $15 for one ticket for general admission (up to $23 value)’
Dates and Times
- Saturday, March 5, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6, at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 11, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 13, at 2:30 p.m.
A Lesson Before Dying
- The Plot: Two black men commit murder in a small Louisiana town, and another—the innocent young Jefferson—is sentenced to death because of it. But while he waits, his godmother insists that a local teacher visit him to teach him how to die with dignity. What follows is a story of friendship, spiritual struggle, and bravery.
- The Source: Ernest J. Gaines’s 1993 novel, adapted for the stage by Romulus Linney
Books may look like inanimate stacks of paper, but they have stuff inside them. Good stuff. Smart stuff. Compelling stuff. The mission of Prime Stage is to bring that stuff to life. With adaptations that run the gamut from children's classics such as The Westing Game and Walk Two Moons to historical classics such as The Diary of Anne Frank and A Woman Called Truth, the company has spent nearly 20 years bringing literature to the stage.