- $9 for one ticket to CWE: An Evening of Chamber Music (up to $16.82 value)
- When: Tuesday, May 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Elaine Wolf Theatre, Mizel Arts & Culture Center
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
CWE: An Evening of Chamber Music
- The Theme: Members of the Colorado Wind Ensemble split off into intimate groups to perform classical and contemporary chamber music
- The Composers: Pieces from Serocki, Guiot, Grainger, Beach, Saint-Saens, and Reinhardt will be featured
- Highlights: The sophisticated sounds of Paris Hot Club icon Django Reinhardt, arranged for chamber jazz sextet
Colorado Wind Ensemble
"A wind ensemble is much like a traditional concert band," explains the Colorado Wind Ensemble on their website, "but each musician plays more as a soloist within a large group rather than as one member of a large section playing the same part." That approach folds neatly into the group's mission: to create opportunities for performers to share their talents, while also presenting programs that entertain audiences. To that end, their concerts encompass a wide range of musical styles and eras, from Renaissance and Baroque club hits to military marches and contemporary arrangements. It's proven a winning combination—the ensemble has engaged listeners for more than 30 seasons.
Elaine Wolf Theatre, Mizel Arts & Culture Center
350 S Dahlia St
Denver, CO 80246Get Directions