- $35 for one ticket to Atomic (up to $76.25 value)
- When: select dates, July 15–August 6
- Where: The Acorn Theatre at Theatre Row
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Photos for the show were shot by Carol Rosegg
Nuclear physics is a complex topic, but the ethical dilemmas presented by atomic warfare are more complicated still. These are the themes explored by Atomic, a musical drama that tells the true story of the minds behind the first atomic bomb. In particular, the spotlight follows Hungarian-born physicist Leo Szilard as he and his girlfriend Trude flee Germany in 1933. He eventually finds refuge in the United States, but as the war effort ramps up, the American government grows more desperate for a game-changing weapon. Szilard is soon recruited into the Manhattan Project, where he and fellow lab-coated rock stars Enrico Fermi and J. Robert Oppenheimer set out to develop a bomb the likes of which the world had never seen. Making its U.S. premiere this summer, Atomic forces its protagonists—and audience—to consider the cost of reaching new scientific frontiers.