- One ticket to Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra: “Home for the Holidays”
- When: Sunday, December 8, at 7 p.m.
- Where: River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $22 for orchestra rows O–R or U–Y, or balcony rows D–G (up to $45 value)
- $17 for balcony rows H–L (up to $35 value)
- $13 for balcony rows M–O (up to $25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra: “Home for the Holidays”
Veteran music director Timothy Muffitt ushers the BRSO to the end of the year with an evening of fully orchestrated holiday songs. In the concert, the symphony joins forces with its harmonious chorus and honey-voiced soprano Mara Bonde, who dominates solos with the same assurance of a comedian given control of a laugh track. Thunderous baritone Dennis Jesse also takes the stage, his voice intertwining with Bonde’s like a candy-striped double helix.
Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra
The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra began when four women started playing string quartets at each other’s homes. After more than 62 years and four chimneys clogged with quarter notes, their hobby has grown into a nationally recognized musical powerhouse. On top of producing nine Masterworks concerts and three chamber concerts a year, the BRSO brings in guest musicians every season for its Great Performers in Concert series. Each one-night-only event sees the ensemble collaborating with a different heavy hitter, from Yo-Yo Ma to Natalie Cole.
Baton Rouge River Center Theatre
220 St. Louis St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802