What You'll Get
- $17 for one ticket for tier 1 seating (up to $35 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Call Mr. Robeson: A Life, with Songs
- Paul Robeson, the Renaissance Man: He was an outstanding football player who played in the early NFL, a singer in the heyday of the Harlem Renaissance, and an actor on both stage and screen. On the centenary of his birth, he was posthumously awarded a Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Paul Robeson, the Historical Figure: He was heavily involved in the Civil Rights Movement—refusing, for instance, to act for segregated audiences—and a fierce critic of the US government before WWII and during the Cold War—a fact that got him blacklisted during the McCarthy era.
- Paul Robeson, the Subject of This Play: In this award winning play direct from the UK, Tayo Aluko embodies the man and the legend, bellowing out songs such as “Ol’ Man River,” delving into his political defiance, and touching on his role in the Peekskill Riots.
About Paramount Hudson Valley
"A Paramount All-Talking Picture" starring Maurice Chevalier and Claudette Colbert drew great public fanfare when the Paramount Hudson Valley debuted in 1930. Then known as the Peekskill Paramount Theater, and owned by a subsidiary of mega-studio Paramount Pictures, the Westchester County Landmark stifled Great Depression and World War II woes as a grand movie house for decades. After shopping malls and TV thwarted its status as a movie house in the '70s, the palace recently reemerged as the Paramount Hudson Valley and now attracts top-name live performers. Lovingly renovated to its original 1930s sheen, the theater sports new carpet, refurbished vintage theater seats, hand-painted ceiling canvas, and opera boxes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 7, 2015. Limit 8/person. Redeem on 11/7 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.