- Tickets to a Kansas City Roller Warriors roller-derby doubleheader
- When: Saturday, May 30, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Municipal Auditorium
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Children ages 5 and under receive free admission.
- $18 for two adult tickets ($36 value)
- $36 for four adult tickets ($72 value)
Kansas City Roller Warriors
When the idea to start a roller derby league comes up between friends, you’d figure it would be during a game of cards, or while watching football, or after a long night of debauchery. The last place you’d probably imagine is at a public library, but that’s exactly where the idea came to Kansas City Roller Warriors co-founders, Dirty Britches and Princess Anna Conda.
That was in the spring of 2004. After formulating a plan in the library’s quiet, peaceful confines, the two ladies took to the streets and started recruiting by hanging up fliers—the same way the first U.S. congress was assembled. By summer, a slowly growing faction of women began joining them for practices in a local parking lot. More than a decade has passed since those humble beginnings, and Kansas City Roller Warriors has established itself as one of the sport’s most auspicious leagues. Currently, it features a total of four home teams, a traveling all-star team, and even a junior derby for youngsters looking to learn the sport.