- $11.50 for one ticket to see She Stoops to Conquer (up to $23 value)
- Where: The City College of New York’s Aaron Davis Hall
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- 7 p.m.: July 24, 25, 30, 31, and August 1
- 2 p.m.: July 25, August 1
She Stoops to Conquer
Love, class, and false identities collide in Oliver Goldsmith’s fast-paced, surprisingly modern farce from the late 18th century. Mr. Hardcastle is a dignified country gentleman hoping to find a match for his clever daughter Kate in the person of the wealthy Londoner Charles Marlow. Unfortunately, the young Marlow is afflicted with a crippling nervousness around women of high social rank, mainly due to their retractable claws. Lower-class women, however, are a different story entirely, so Kate settles on a ruse to trap the skittish city boy—she will pretend to be her own maid. Kate’s undercover plan sets the stage for mistaken-identity hijinks and ensuing romance, an irresistible combination that has led the play to be adapted for film and television no less than eight times.