- $7 for one ticket to the Mesquite Symphony Orchestra presents the Mesquite Symphony Series (up to $12 value)
- When: select Saturdays, September 13–May 2
- Where: Mesquite Arts Center
- General admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Mesquite Symphony Series
- Grand Entrances, September 13 at 7:30 p.m.: relive the high drama of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Star Wars, Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, and others
- An American Salute, November 8 at 7:30 p.m.: honor the armed forces with a flurry of patriotic tunes bookended by the national anthem and Ashokan Farewell
- A Dickens Christmas!, December 20 at 7 p.m.: sing along with the orchestra and watch actors conjure classic characters
- Swing Time!, January 31 at 7:30 p.m.: travel to the ’30s, ’40s, and ’50s in a time machine built by Gershwin and Ellington
- Superheroes!, March 28 at 7 p.m.: hear the theme songs of Batman, the Lone Ranger, and Hercules and meet them after the show
- Mesquite…the music starts here., May 2 at 7:30 p.m.: zoom in on each individual section of the orchestra and hear soloists such as flautist Pamela Riley
Mesquite Symphony Orchestra
Similar to some European traditions, the musicians of the Mesquite Symphony Orchestra believe every village and town should have its own ensemble. Therefore, each volunteers his or her time for the community, forsaking money for the sheer thrill of playing the music they love. This passion permeates each of concert, too, drawing in many of North Texas’s top musicians. And the ensemble been at it for more than 27 years, triumphing as an essential force of the region’s cultural climate while cultivating new crops of classical musical lovers.