- $19 for two tickets to see the Modesto Nuts take on the Stockton Ports, plus one t-shirt (a $41 value)
- Where: John Thurman Field
- Seating: Upper Box
- Door time: One hour prior to first pitch
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Friday, August 29, at 7:05 p.m.
- Saturday, August 30, at 7:05 p.m.
- Sunday, August 31, at 6:05 p.m.
- Labor Day, Monday, September 1, at 1:05 p.m.
The Scouting Report
Next week, the Nuts will close out their 2014 campaign with a hard-fought battle against the Stockton Ports—the California League’s top team this season. Before the grounds crew shuts down John Thurman Field for the off-season and stacks up all the umpires in the stadium’s storage room, fans can catch the Nuts during a four-game series on Labor Day weekend. After the final outs on Friday, August 29 and Saturday, August 30, post-game fireworks will light up the sky over Modesto, and on Sunday, August 31, a poster giveaway will give those in attendance a memento of their visit.
Since 1960, the city of Modesto has been the minor league home to six different big league franchises including the New York Yankees, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Oakland Athletics. But despite all the bouncing around, the Nuts have consistently won, and have captured five California League championships over the years. Now affiliated with the Colorado Rockies, the team is still looking for its first title under the Nuts moniker, which it officially adopted in 2005 as a nod to the region's farming products and any fans who try to catch foul balls in their mouths.