Historic thoroughbred track rumbles through September, including Sundays filled with family activities and special events
About This Deal
Horses are known for their beauty, which is why so many of them are the spokesmen for makeup companies. Scout something pretty with this deal.
- $20 for a horseracing package for two (a $40 value)
- Where: Monmouth Park Race Track
- When: Any race day through Sunday, September 1; see the calendar
- Seating: Clubhouse box; click here for more information
- Door time: 11:30 a.m.; the first race takes place at 12:50 p.m.<p>
- Admission for two to the clubhouse (a $10 value)
- Two tickets for clubhouse box seating (a $6 value)
- Valet parking for one vehicle (a $10 value)
- Two official track programs (a $7 value)
- A $2 betting voucher
- $5 off at the gift shop<p>
Children 12 and under receive free admission.
The Scouting Report
In full stride for its 2013 season, the historic Monmouth Park Race Track hosts no less than three race days per week from now through September. That includes the 43rd annual Irish Festival on June 9, a Fourth of July celebration, and special events throughout the summer such as live music performances. During each race, the grandstand’s reserve clubhouse box seats afford some of the best views of the park’s dirt and turf tracks. In addition, every Sunday is family fun day, which features picnic areas and children’s activities such as clowns and pony rides.
About Monmouth Park Racetrack
Established in 1946 along the Jersey Shore in Oceanport, Monmouth Park Racetrack is one of New Jersey’s most historic and recognizable landmarks. With over 70 seasons of world-class thoroughbred racing under its belt, the track is the summer home to 1,600 horses and more than 2,000 employees. Plus, the track's biggest event, the annual Haskell Invitational, attracts some of the top equine athletes nationwide.