- $15 for one ticket to see Voyager feat. The Stetson University Symphony Orchestra (up to $25 value)
- When: Sunday, October 19, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Mount Dora Community Building
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
When Anthony Hose takes up his baton and leads the Stetson University Symphony through Voyager, it’s going to sound a bit different from the original hour-long album. Replacing the synthesizers and drums with the a quartet of iPads, the new arranger, Warren Greveson, let his background in electronic music shine. While this American premiere retains the original’s themes of space exploration and grandeur, it’s shortened to about half an hour, omitting several short movements and the section where someone reads the phone book aloud. Complementing the extraterrestrial journey is a film by Maurice Lock, Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite, and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor’s Petite Suite de Concert.