- $33 for one admission to a candle-making or soap-making workshop with Shem Gott ($35 value)
- Where: Mr. B’s Luminaries
- When: select Thursdays and Saturdays, January 9–March 26, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
What You’ll Do
- Candle-Making Workshop: Shem Gott guides you as you transform all-natural ingredients into a custom scented candle. You may return to pick up your candle the day after the class.
- Soap-Making Workshop: Learn about hot- and cold-process soap-making techniques, then combine oils, dry ingredients, and a saponifying agent to craft your own bar. Your sweet-smelling handiwork may be picked up after it has cured for 24 hours.
Owner, Mr. B’s Luminaries
Shem Gott began making candles and soaps as a hobby, but it wasn’t long before his passions evolved into a profession. Today he operates a workspace and retail shop, Mr. B’s Luminaries, where he showcases hand-poured candles made with organic soy wax, fair-trade essential oils, and zinc-free wicks. More recently, Shem has added hand-poured soaps—labeled Mr. B’s Necessities—to shop shelves, crafting each lavender tea tree charcoal or peppermint sea clay bar with the same artistic and ethical dedication that guides his candles.
Mr. B's Necessities
1834 S Coast Hwy.
Oceanside, CA 92054Get Directions