- $33 for one admission to a candle-making or soap-making workshop with Shem Gott ($35 value)
- Where: Mr. B’s Luminaries
- When: select Thursdays and Saturdays, January 9–March 26, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., or 6:30 p.m.
What You’ll Do
- Candle-Making Workshop: Shem Gott guides you as you transform all-natural ingredients into a custom scented candle. You may return to pick up your candle the day after the class.
- Soap-Making Workshop: Learn about hot- and cold-process soap-making techniques, then combine oils, dry ingredients, and a saponifying agent to craft your own bar. Your sweet-smelling handiwork may be picked up after it has cured for 24 hours.
Owner, Mr. B’s Luminaries
Shem Gott began making candles and soaps as a hobby, but it wasn’t long before his passions evolved into a profession. Today he operates a workspace and retail shop, Mr. B’s Luminaries, where he showcases hand-poured candles made with organic soy wax, fair-trade essential oils, and zinc-free wicks. More recently, Shem has added hand-poured soaps—labeled Mr. B’s Necessities—to shop shelves, crafting each lavender tea tree charcoal or peppermint sea clay bar with the same artistic and ethical dedication that guides his candles.