Music Director John Stubbs leads a cast of more than 150 through this holiday tradition; meet the cast at a post-show party
About This Deal
- $15–$23 for one G-Pass for seating in the balcony (up to $47.25 value)
- $22–$33 for one G-Pass for seating in the rear center mezzanine or dress circle (up to $63 value)
- $32–$43 for one G-Pass for seating in the rear orchestra or front mezzanine (up to $73 value)
- $42–$63 for one G-Pass for seating in the gold rope section (up to $114.75 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Ticket prices and values vary depending on the date and showtime you select. Seating availability also varies depending on the date.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a G-Pass?
A G-Pass is a vouche that is also your ticket. Simply present your G-Pass at the theater entrance. There is no need to go to the box office.
When will my G-Pass be available to print?
G-Passes are available to print after the deal ends. Please refer to your account’s My Stuff page after purchase to check the date your G-Pass will be available.
Can I redeem my G-Pass on my mobile phone?
Yes! This venue’s ticket scanners are compatible with mobile devices.
How do I know where my seats are?
Your seating location will be printed on your G-Pass.
Can I choose my seats?
You will not be able to select your specific seats, but your seats will be within the sections stated in the option you purchased. Seats purchased in the same transaction will be seated together.
My seats are all odd/even numbers. Are they together?
Yes! At this theater, odd-numbered seats are on one side of the house and evens are on the other.
Are there any age restrictions?
Children must be at least four years old to attend the full length performance. For children younger than 4, please see California Ballet’s Toddler Friendly Nutcracker Performance
Are my tickets refundable?
Tickets are refundable only before midnight on day of purchase.
Do children need a ticket?
Yes, all children need a ticket.
How long is the show?
The show is 2 hours long including one intermission
I need ADA/Handicapped seating. What should I do?
Please call the California Ballet Company directly at (858) 560-6741 before purchasing your deal.
- Before the show: Have your picture taken on the red carpet while carolers sing Christmas classics on the plaza (one hour before the 5:30 p.m., 7 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. performances)
- The show: Music Director John Stubbs leads the Classics Philharmonic (December 10 and 11) and the San Diego Symphony (December 16–24*) through Tchaikovsky’s masterful score while a cast of more than 150 brings to life the story of young Clara’s adventure through a dreamland of snow and ice. The result is a magical holiday tradition stunningly realized. (Wednesday, 12/21 at 7 p.m. performance is with recorded music)
- After the show: Following the 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. performances, there will be a Sugar Plum Party in the Grand Salon (level 2), where enchanted audience members can meet the cast.
About California Ballet
- The Company: since its inception in 1968, California Ballet has grown into the largest professional ballet company in Southern California
- The Repertoire: California Ballet's principal dancers restage demanding classics such as Giselle, Swan Lake, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but the company also cultivates daring new works (The Great Gatsby, Dracula) and fresh local talent through its school
- The Seasonal Highlight: California Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker at the Civic Theatre, which draws an audience of more than 25,000 people each year