- $87.50 for a hillside tailgating ticket for one car during Cross Country day at the Plantation Field Horse Trials ($150 value)
- Entry to the show grounds for everyone in your car
- Up-close views of the Plantation Field Horse Trials competitions
- Access to all 40 shops and food carts
- Access to Kids Korner with mechanical bull rides, rock climbing, a petting zoo, and more
Cross Country Day at the Plantation Field Horse Trials
Tailgating takes any event to the next level, and the Plantation Field Horse Trials are no different. Here, with their cars spread out across more than 350 acres of space, spectators can kick back and soak up premier views of equestrian competition. Cross Country day on Sunday, September 20 will cap off an entire weekend of events with a full day of entertainment, including a performance by the world-famous Australian cowboy Guy McLean at noon, an Australian Shepherds exhibition at 1 p.m., and a bareback high-jump contest at 3 p.m.
Throughout the day, attendees can step away from their tailgates to explore the grounds, which will feature a bustling vendor village, a food court, a beer garden, and an area for children with lots of free activities. A tailgate competition scored by celebrity judges will also crown the day’s top tailgate. This year, many vendors will feature setups in the theme of the Australian Outback, where cowboys saddle up on kangaroos instead of horses.