- $12 for one ticket to a movie presented by the Portland Film Festival. Ticket to Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure includes a hard cider, beer, or soda (up to $25.75 value)
- When: Wednesday, August 27, or Thursday, August 28, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Cinema 21
- General admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Guests are encouraged to dress up as characters from the films in order to win prizes.
Movies and Showtimes
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure on Wednesday
- Labyrinth on Thursday
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
The movie that launched Keanu Reeves’s career descends upon the festival just in time for the film’s 25th anniversary. The titular characters are underachieving high schoolers scrambling to turn in a history assignment on time. They’re also the leaders of a future utopian society, a fact they slowly uncover as they travel back in time inside a phone booth helmed by George Carlin. Along the way, they encounter historical figures including Napoleon Bonaparte, Billy the Kid, and Princess Elizabeth. After the film, fans of the sci-fi comedy will get the chance to participate in a Q&A session with the writers.
What happens when Jim Henson, George Lucas, and David Bowie join forces? They create Labyrinth, the musical fantasy film that burst onto the silver screen in 1986 and later gained a cult following. In the film, Jennifer Connelly’s Sarah is tasked with a seemingly impossible feat: to weave through a giant maze in 13 hours in order to rescue her brother from the goblin king, played convincingly by David Bowie. Along her journey, she encounters dwarfs, goblins, gentle beasts, and a peach with hallucinatory effects, just like in real life. Before the film, Toby Froud’s Lessons Learned short will be screened, while after the film, guests can peruse the display of puppets that starred in Lessons Learned.
616 NW 21st Ave.
Portland, OR 97209