What You'll Get
Playing baseball takes coordination, upper-body strength, and the courage to run counterclockwise even though that direction is normally only for the immoral and weak-hearted. See strong-willed Americans with this deal.<p>
- $22 for a game package to see the Staten Island Yankees (a $62 total value)
- Where: Richmond County Bank Ballpark
- Seating: Sections 5–13
- Door time: One hour before the opening pitch
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
The game package includes:
- One ticket (a $21 value)
- One Staten Island Yankees hat (an $18 value)
- All-you-can-eat burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches (a $15 value)
- All-you-can-drink water and soda (an $8 value)<p>
- Against the Lowell Spinners on Friday, August 9, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Spinners on Saturday, August 10, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Spinners on Sunday, August 11, at 4 p.m.
- Against the Tri-City ValleyCats on Friday, August 16, at 7 p.m.
- Against the ValleyCats on Saturday, August 17, at 7 p.m.
- Against the ValleyCats on Sunday, August 18, at 4 p.m.
- Against the Brooklyn Cyclones on Wednesday, August 21, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Cyclones on Friday, August 30, at 7 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
The Staten Island Yankees continue to roll through the dog days of summer, showcasing the young stars of tomorrow at Richmond County Bank Ballpark. Serving as a launching pad for the Yankee organization’s brightest young stars, Staten Island already boasts an impressive list of alumni who have gone on to make an impact in major-league teams’ backyard wiffle-ball games. As the short-season action heats up throughout August, fans can score team gear during promotional giveaways, such as a jersey giveaway on August 9 and a baseball bat giveaway on August 11.
Staten Island Yankees
In 1999, as New York City’s first minor-league baseball team, the Staten Island Yankees adopted the name of one of MLB’s most successful franchises. Since that time, the Baby Bombers have lived up to their big-league affiliate’s iconic status, winning six New York-Penn League championships—including an initial title in just their second year.
But perhaps fittingly for a city such as New York, that commanding run has also included some bizarre moments. In 2008, for instance, the Yankees’ ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte found himself in a dual of a different sort with Brooklyn Cyclones switch-hitter Ralph Henriquez. More than able but less than willing, neither player would pick a side—leading to the formation of a new official rule for such situations. Perhaps just as strange, the team never even got to celebrate that first championship in a home stadium, since Richmond County Bank Ballpark wasn’t completed until the next year. Today it stands, though, with clear views just past center field of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty waving her foam finger.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 10 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of game for a ticket at venue Will Call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Richmond County Bank Ballpark. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before game. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.