What You'll Get
- $109 for general admission on November 7-8, 2015 (up to $169 value)
- Click here to view the schedule
Book Riot Live NYC
- The Books: Pick a book. Any book. Every book. This is a celebration of all things literary—poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction, and even fan fiction.
- The Riot: A two-day dust-up designed to cater both to those who like a quiet read and those who scream about their favorite books to anyone in the library.
- Who’s Live: authors, illustrators, podcasters, and voiceover artists including Margaret Atwood, N.K. Jemisin, Peter Mendelsund, Daniel José Older, Laurie Halse Anderson, Wendy Xu, Mark Oshiro, Jason Reynolds, and many more.
- For Readers: After reading a compelling thinkpiece, the “Fighting the Good Fight” workshop helps reveal the practical next steps; at “Writing the Rainbow,” authors discuss LBGTQIA representation; and “Faith and Literature” finds three writers of different faiths discussing how their beliefs affect their work.
- For Writers: “In a World: World-Building Across Genres,” “War Stories,” “Writing Relationships,” and “NaNoWriMo PT/Writing Sprint with Myke Cole” explore different aspects of the writing process.
- For Fandoms: “The Many Faces of Fandom” explores fan-fics, music, BookTubes, and more; and “Slash Live!” invites attendees to play Matchmaker by shipping their favorite characters from literature, pop culture, and history.
- For Fun-Lovers: Professional illustrators play Pictionary; audiobook narrators combine a galaxy far, far away with a writing style from long, long ago at a live performance of Shakespeare’s Star Wars; and three authors face off in an intense game of Nerd Jeopardy!
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 8, 2015. Limit 6/person. Redeem starting 11/7 for a ticket badge at Metropolitan West. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Riot New Media Group's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 18+ to enter with valid government-issued ID. Name on ID must must match name on voucher. Parking not included. Click here to view the terms and conditions of Book Riot Live. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.