What You'll Get
- $7 for one student or senior orchestra ticket (up to $11.34 value)
- $10 for one adult orchestra ticket (up to $16.52 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Season Finale Concert Program
- George Gershwin—Girl Crazy Overture: The 1930 musical Girl Crazy is remembered primarily for its inimitable score, including the timeless “I Got Rhythm.”
- Rimsky-Korsakov—Scheherazade: For one of his most iconic and evocative pieces, Rimsky-Korsakov composed a sonic poem based on One Thousand and One Nights. The strains of a violin and the wash of a harp make it so audiences can nearly taste the perfumes of the Sultan’s court, feel the spray of sea salt from the deck of Sinbad’s ship, and smell the aromas of a festival in Baghdad.
- Featuring violin soloist Eunice Kim who will play Bruch’s Violin Concerto no. 1 in G minor, an example of Romantic lyricism that rises and falls as it slowly builds to a fiery crescendo at the end of the third movement.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 4, 2017. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The San Jose Youth Symphony
The San Jose Youth Symphony, founded in 1951 under the San Jose Symphony, incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2002, providing musical education to thousands of local kids. Now comprising 12 groups of varying sizes and experience levels, the orchestras and instrumental ensembles perform in several regularly scheduled concerts every season, as well as a biennial international tour that gives the Philharmonic Orchestra the chance to travel to exotic locales and learn which countries have the fluffiest hotel towels.