What You'll Get
- $35 for one admission to a candle-making or soap-making workshop with Shem Gott
- Where: Mr. B’s Luminaries
- When: select Saturdays, August 1–September 19, at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m.
What You’ll Do
- Candle-Making Workshop: Shem Gott guides you as you transform all-natural ingredients into a custom scented candle. You may return to pick up your candle the day after the class.
- Soap-Making Workshop: Learn about hot- and cold-process soap-making techniques, then combine oils, dry ingredients, and a saponifying agent to craft your own bar. Your sweet-smelling handiwork may be picked up after it has cured for 24 hours.
Owner, Mr. B’s Luminaries
Shem Gott began making candles and soaps as a hobby, but it wasn’t long before his passions evolved into a profession. Today he operates a workspace and retail shop, Mr. B’s Luminaries, where he showcases hand-poured candles made with organic soy wax, fair-trade essential oils, and zinc-free wicks. More recently, Shem has added hand-poured soaps—labeled Mr. B’s Necessities—to shop shelves, crafting each lavender tea tree charcoal or peppermint sea clay bar with the same artistic and ethical dedication that guides his candles.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 20, 2015. Dates subject to capacity and cancellation. Refundable only on day of purchase. Min. number of participants required or subject to cancellation. No value after date & time have passed. Any discount reflects experience provider’s current prices. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.